16 Jul 2010

Midsummer update

I'm still alive and still reading.  Have joined the ranks of fans of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books; just need to read the last three and I'll be done the series.

My e-reading was put on pause a little bit ago.  I tried to do the upgrade to the new firmware for my Kobo on my own instead of just taking it into the store to be done.  The instructions were simple enough to follow and I am not completely technologically challenged but somewhere along the line I managed to break something and my Kobo decided it just didn't want to turn off or reset or anything.  I contaced the company and they mailed me a return package.  The entire process was actually painless and now I have a Kobo that is happy and works.

Today I decided to pick up a few more ebooks:  The Unblemished by William Conrad, The Passage by Justin Cronin, His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik, Feed by Mira Grant, and Hater by David Moody.  Doesn't hurt that Kobo was running a 48hr contest today through tomorrow.  Each of those books counted as an entry into the contest, so that was a nice bonus.

Other than that, I'm just trying really hard not to melt in the heat/humidity we've been having over the last little while.  My AC unit is getting a good workout this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment